The Real Cause Of Destiny Boy’s Death Revealed After His Sudden Death At 22 Yrs
Popular Fuji-Pop artist Afeez Adeshina, widely known as Destiny Boy, has reportedly passed away at the age of 22.
The news of his death went viral on Sunday after a video of his lifeless body surfaced on social media.
As of the time of filing this report, no official statement from his family or management has confirmed the singer’s death, but an unconfirmed report suggests that the deceased’s body is being transported to Abeokuta in Ogun State for his internment.
Destiny Boy rose to fame in 2019 after his Fuji cover of “If” Davido‘s hit song went viral.
The singer also announced the birth of his first child on his Instagram page in November 2024
Fans of the singer have continued to mourn as the news of his demise broke on the internet.
Bolisco, a colleague of Destiny Boy and an associate of controversial musician Portable, also said the singer had been ill before his passing.
According to Bolisco, the singer experienced severe symptoms and was said to have vomited blood before his death.
Several video clips of the singer Destiny Boy lying lifeless in a vehicle with cotton wool inserted into his nostrils were shared on X.
In another video shared on X, a moment was captured of the singer’s body reportedly arriving at his parents’ residence in Ayetoro, Ogun State.
What led to Destiny Boy’s death at 22, mother reveals
Saidat Adeshina, the mother of the Nigerian Afrofuji singer, Afeez Adesina, popularly known as Destiny, has spoken about the events that led to her son’s death following a prolonged illness.
In an interview, Saidat said the Fuji singer, whose real name was Afeez Adeshina, began experiencing health issues about two years ago while preparing for the naming ceremony of his first child.
“He started having seizures then,” she said.
According to her, the family sought help from hospitals, churches, and traditional healers in a bid to manage the condition. During this period, Destiny Boy was introduced to an Ifa priest, Edun Ifayomi, whom he saw as a father figure. Saidat said the priest supported the family and helped with medical bills.
“This happened about two years ago. The Ifa priest was not even aware of the incident. We were the ones who later informed him that Destiny Boy was sick. He told us that nothing must happen to Destiny Boy,” she said.
“The man was sending money to us to foot the hospital bills as we were treating him. When we noticed the sickness could not be treated, we asked Ọba Edun to allow us bring the child to him.
“He then gave me a soap that I should use it to bath him which I did and we went back home. He felt fine at the time.”
Saidat explained that the illness, known as ‘Oku or,’ caused her son to experience stiffness similar to epilepsy. She said his behaviour would change after each episode. The family chose not to speak publicly about the condition because of his career.
“The sickness is called ‘Oku or’ Anytime it strikes him, he becomes stiff like someone who has epilepsy, and when he recovers, he starts behaving like someone with mental disorder,” she said.
“We did not let the public know about this because he was a superstar. We took him to churches, herbalists, etc for him to get a cure all to no avail.
“One of the reasons why Destiny preferred to visit Ọba Edun is because he was always free with him.”
She said the final incident happened about two weeks ago after Destiny Boy returned from Ayetoro and was taken to Ifayomi’s house for treatment.
“Two weeks ago, when he went to Ayetoro and was returning, they took him to Ifayomi’s house for treatment,” she said.
“His father went there and called me to come but there was no one to stay in my shop so I told them to excuse me but I was calling him on the phone and they said he was doing fine. Five days ago, I called him but he did not pick.
“Three days ago, I told his sister to send a message of greetings to him. Two days ago, I was in the house when they called me that I should start coming to Ifayomi’s house because the seizure had started again.
“They said nothing was wrong with him before the seizure started. Ifayomi was not home, it was when he got back that he started giving him some treatment to no avail so they decided to rush him to the hospital.
“By the time I got to the hospital, they told me he had passed away. My son did not do any money ritual.”
Meanwhile, it was reported that the 22-year-old Destiny Boy died on Sunday, with the news first confirmed by singer Bolisco, an associate of the controversial musician Portable. B
olisco disclosed that the late singer had been ill before his passing.
He added that Destiny Boy reportedly suffered severe symptoms and was said to have vomited blood prior to his death.
In a recent development, reports had it that the Ogun State Police Command has disclosed the arrest of a suspect in connection with Destiny Boy’s death.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Babaseyi Oluseyi, confirmed that investigations into the circumstances surrounding the singer’s death have commenced.
Do Want Free, Steady And Latest MEandVIBEZ.com Updates? Click here to Join Our Telegram Channel!































